Monday, March 26, 2012

In the Moment

Sometimes a poem I write is an attempt to capture what’s happening in me at the moment.



Antsy in my skin so it’s
Skin shedding time

Listless and done in so it’s
Skin shedding time

A lot of footsteps trod and
My feet can’t feel the sod and
I’ve a little tinny god so it’s
Skin shedding time


I come to the place that poem is about periodically.   My consciously held formula for doing life no longer quite works.  Whatever I’m focusing on or how I’m going about it isn’t serving my totality as well as it had been.  I’m called to follow a larger vision, or a different strategy.  The first I consciously know about it is when I feel restless, antsy.  I can ignore it for a while, but that’s a waste of time, and of joy.  The poem captures the feeling, the signal that it’s time to let go of the old skin and live in a larger one.




Bleary eyed from a week of working
Satisfied with what’s been done
Sink into the couch and dream
Of paths to walk and days to come

This one reminds me of a Credence song found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJuUqDqY00. It’s wonderful to feel tired from satisfying work and just sink into a dreamy place.



May we all be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment